Home Forum Ask A Member What’s it worth?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    john8504
    Participant

I came across a 1956 Johnson 5 1/2 with perfect factory paint. It maybe has 5 hours on the motor. Still on the original stand. They guy bought it new mainly just to look at it. What would it be worth?

john8504
      Participant

I also came across this vintage elto twin.

Attachments:

wbeaton
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

1921 ELTO. Cool! I’d like to have that one.

Wayne
          Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

lyks2tinkr
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Not sure of value on the 5.5. In pristine condition probably a couple hundred anyways.

The Elto is early production with the gas filler in the front of the tank and the F in the serial number. It’s a bit crusty for sure but a worthwhile project. Nice find.

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Prices vary around the country. A pristine, running, 5-1/2 in Minnesota may go for $200-$300.

But I would not pay over $150 if it hasn’t been maintained and run. If it hasn’t been run since the 1950s or 60s, it will need approx $150 of parts that go bad with age whether it’s been run or not. You can count on coils, and impeller being bad and probably lower unit seals, gas tank diaphragm and dual gasline being bad.
              Dave

The Boat House
              Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
                • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.