Home Forum Ask A Member Where do you purchase your parts?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    scoots
    Participant

When I can, I’ve bought parts from AOMCI members, but that’s not always possible. I’ve had good luck with MarineEngine.com, but I’m not opposed to trying other resources.

I need to get a new impeller for my 1954 Evinrude Lightwin (part #434424), a new impeller for my 1971 Evinrude Sportwin (part # 775519), and a new lower bearing seal (part #303391) for my 1955 Johnson CD-12.

Suggestions are always appreciated!

wedgie
      Participant

Dan Gano is a good source. http://www.ganotech.com. Always steered me in the right direction with free tech support, and reasonable prices.

steeleman
        Participant

For basic parts I use marineengine.com or at least use it to get part number then search around for a better price via Amazon or eBay.

For used parts like shift levers, props, other hard parts
          , etc I use pine lake parts who has an eBay store. They are local to me, so always able to just go to them in person when I need something. They are always willing to find something for me if they don’t have it in stock. Here is their store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Pine-Lake-Parts-Inc

chinewalker
          Participant

US Member

Whenever possible, I try my local dealers first. Sometimes, they’ll work with me on prices if I show them I found same part online for less. Buying local also can lead to sources for motors and such as my local marinas now send old stuff my way. One hand washes the other…

mr-asa
            Participant

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Amazon, actually. For some of the more common parts (coils and points/condensers etc) if you’re patient you can even find them for a better price than you can get from fellow members.

chris-p
              Participant

I guess I feel differently than some.

I like to support the members that sell the parts.

For coils/condensors, I buy from Jim Judkins.

Paint I buy from NYMarine

I sell parts as well, but have limited supply. When I need items like gaskets, pistons, rings, etc…. I find email to Ed Elliot, Ken Hall, Dan Gano, etc…will have anything I could need.

For Old Iron Parts, 1 email to Doug Penn is usually all you need. Although, sadly I hear he may be retiring shortly.

I like to support them. They are doing a service to the hobby.

I support my local dealer as well. Although, he usually buys from me for NLA parts lol. I just give him the parts, items like 5.5/7.5 shock absorbers, stuff like that he can no longer get. In return he gives me deals on trade ins. So like Scott says, one hand washes the other.

I also have a large circle of close friends, and we don’t even really charge each other for items we may need. It all comes around. Its not all about money.

david-bartlett
                Participant
                  quote Chris_P:

I guess I feel differently than some.

I like to support the members that sell the parts.

I also have a large circle of close friends, and we don’t even really charge each other for items we may need. It all comes around. Its not all about money.

Great points Chris, I feel the same and like to help others when I can, because it does come back to us.

Randy in Tampa
                  Participant

I always try to buy parts from members when possible, another good source is going to the local AOMCI meets you can usually get good deals on parts there but if you’re not careful you may leave with more motors also 😉

wbeaton
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I buy my parts from this guy when I can. The best part is he’s local and sometimes delivers! He’s also an Upper Canada Chapter member.

http://www.myoldboatmotor.com

Wayne
                      Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

1946zephyr
                      Participant

Vintageoutboard.com my friend. They sell seal kits, waterpump kits and the like.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.