Home Forum Ask A Member Who Bought It?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    chris-p
    Participant

Congrats Sandman, you have a beauty there!

dan-in-tn
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

You did well. She is a real beauty! Congradulations on pulling the trigger on that one.

Dan in TN

johnny-infl
        Participant

wow – several of the members here really thought it would have sold for much much more !!
          you are one lucky son-of-a-gun that’s for sure !!!
          CONGRATULATIONS on your new find !!!
          The RDS-20 is starting to be a popular motor here in Central Florida.
          and it is also just a gorgeous as the Javelin.

so, if you can only find two more just like it !!!

sandman
          Participant

Thanks Guys. I have been looking for the right Javelin for 2 years before I found this one. I checked with several sites that restore vintage outboards and they wanted $4500 for a restored 57 Javelin! The seller was a very nice guy who really was reluctant to let it go. My delivery driver that picked up the motor for me and transported it from Porter, Texas to my home in Arlington, TN was so worried about keeping the motor free of scratches, he laid it on the backseat of this truck and wrapped it in several blankets for the 577 mile trip. He had it tucked in like a baby. 🙂 He delivered it to me on Tuesday right in the middle of a torrential downpour. it truly is a work of art. I only found 2 small scratches on the entire motor. She is cherry for sure. The seller had some outfit in Canada do the total restoration.

pappy
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sandman – First off welcome to the forum and AOMCI ! Enjoy the addiction….
              Secondly….you bought an amazingly nice engine!! Keep us posted on the progress as it goes. We would love to see. Happy to see that the engine went to a good home and that it will be out there, in service again, and being taken care of.
              If you need clarification on things like fuel/oil ratios for that engine or any other information just ask! Again, congrats!

lindy46
              Participant

Wiring harnesses are available here:
                http://www.nymarine.ca/
                They are expensive at $350, but then all the wire is brand new.
                I had a ’57 Lark which I refurbished – basically the same motor. Always ran great and never left me stranded.
                Good Luck!

bob-d
                Participant

Sandman, congrats on your new motor. When you really look at the numbers you got a good deal. If you did it yourself, by the time you got done with paint, sandpaper, primer, decals, chrome work, shipping on all the materials etc, etc……… you could hit $900 realllll quick. The restoration shop did a spectacular job.
                  Beautiful motor, probably the nicest/ most striking model OMC ever built.
                  Have a great time with it this summer, enjoy all the attention at the launching site!
                  Bob D

wedgie
                  Participant
                    quote lindy46:

Wiring harnesses are available here:
                    http://www.nymarine.ca/
                    They are expensive at $350, but then all the wire is brand new.
                    I had a ’57 Lark which I refurbished – basically the same motor. Always ran great and never left me stranded.
                    Good Luck!

That $350 is in Canadian money, so only $253.45 US at today’s exchange rate 😉 .

opposedtwin
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That is Peter in Canada. He may very well have been the ‘canadian’ who restored that motor. Ask him!

jeff-register
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That sure does look nice. I know of one here in Arizona that sells for much less at $450.00. Not as shiney but the chrome is good & no pits,
                        E mail me,
                        Jeff.50@cox.net.
                        I’m helping a friend sell some motors
                        (480) 924 4536 & leave message please.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 45 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.