Home Forum Ask A Member Who knows their Johnson Parts?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    adam1961
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I received a bunch of NOS early Johnson parts, most are XX-XX part numbers. I have a few that I cannot identify. Can anyone tell me what these might fit?
      The bolt pictured is aluminium. On the wire area bunch of small brass rings. I assume these to be seats. The application is the tough part.
      Thanks
      Adam

Attachments:

Mumbles
      Participant

I’m pretty sure the brass pieces with the holes drilled in them are check valves for the exposed bronze water pumps on early motors. Do they look as if they would accept a round ball type valve? How big are these pieces? Some carbs had removable seats for the adjusting needles but I thought they would have been made out of steel or something.

ede
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

This might be a strange thought, but if you have the part numbers, it doesn’t matter what they fit. Otherwise, it becomes a search through parts books to determine part number and maybe application. Yes, it is time consuming

adam1961
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I don’t have the numbers for these parts. There were 297 part numbers in the lot, but these ones are not identified.

Mumbles, I think you may be right about the check valve. That seems to male sense. I had been thinking fuel related, but the passages are too big.

stanley
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The threaded piece in the fore ground with slot looks like the piece that helps secure the upper end of water tube on HS,HD etc.models.

adam1961
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Stanley,
                That sounds about right, as the "newest" parts in the bunch were for motors of that era.\
                Thanks!

1946zephyr
                Participant

The aluminum bolt, I believe goes back to the days of the A-45 or A-50 models

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.