Home Forum Ask A Member Why??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    olcah
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Requested an ad on want to buy. Best I can remember it ran:

Title: wtb exhaust cooling plate for RD18 1956 Johnson 30 hp

Want to buy NOS OMC part no. 302549. this is the inner plate in the exhaust cooling. It goes between the outer cover and the block. Should be same number for all 1950s big twins.
      Durham, Maine. 207 three five three ate won ate ate.

(Photo as below.)

Response:

.Topic disapproved: "wtb exhaust cooling plate for RD18"

Forum: Wanted to Buy

Reason: .

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:41 am

Seems arbitrary.

Attachments:

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

From what I can find, the original ad did not have your location in the ad….

This is the message you "should" have gotten, but we are finding that the message that we as admins are sending to you folks…are just plain not being sent by the system. I see your ad is identicval except for the part where you list your location, he may have missed that, if he did I am sorry, can you resubmit, and I will approve promptly.

Richard

» Please read Classified ad requirements before posting and re submit ad.

Please edit your ad to include your location as required and then resubmit.

Looking for a NOS cover 302549. This is the middle plate in the exhaust cooling. It is between the outer cover and the block. Same part in most 1950s RDs.

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

Mumbles
        Participant

Olcah, your location was not included in your ad or anywhere else so it was disapproved. That’s why. Here’s a copy of your original ad including an explanation which was sent and you should have received it. As stated, the system isn’t always working 100% so the notice along with the reason may not have been received by you but check your notifications anyway.

Just another reminder everyone but be sure to read and follow the Classified Ad Requirements to a T before posting an ad or it may be disapproved. Here’s a link to them for your viewing pleasure:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2627

Attachments:

olcah
          Participant

I was aware of the requirement for location but may not have included it. For sure I did not receive the reason for the disapproval.

garry-in-michigan
            Participant

Lifetime Member

Used from 1951 through 1956 . . . 😎

jerry-ahrens
              Participant

Check with club member Ed Elliott. He may be able to fix you up.

ede
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Jerry, sent him a PM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.