Home Forum Ask A Member Zephyr information

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    r-delawter
    Participant

I acquired two zephyr motors at the Constantine meet that I would like to get running. models 4362 & 4404.
      Can someone direct me to a shop and parts manual for these? Also I will be needing a carburetor for the 4362 as part of the main body is broken. I would like for someone with a working knowledge of the zephyr motors allow me to use them for some guidance on this project.

justing
      Participant

I have a complete 4404 in my basement I have no plans to do anything with. Are the carbs the same on those? Let me know if your interested in my motor.

r-delawter
        Participant

I am just learning so I can’t answer the carb question.
          You can say here or message me info on your motor and where you are located. Thanks for responding.

Mumbles
          Participant

I have some NOS non-primer carbs for Zephyrs still in their original box.

wedgie
            Participant

There is some info in Garry Spencer’s Drop box. I will pm the link after work tonight

r-delawter
              Participant
                quote Mumbles:

I have some NOS non-primer carbs for Zephyrs still in their original box.

I will keep you in mind when I figure out what carburetor I will need. Or maybe you can tell me what I need for the models I have.

r-delawter
                Participant
                  quote Wedgie:

There is some info in Garry Spencer’s Drop box. I will pm the link after work tonight

Thank you.

joecb
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Mumbles, what is a zephyr "non- primer" carb? I have a couple of Zephyrs and they both have the primer, I thought that all of them did.

Joe B

Mumbles
                    Participant

What I should have said was ‘non primer button’. Yeah, they all have primers but they are activated differently. Early ones used the mixture knob to prime the motor while later ones had a push button primer on the front cover. My bad.

1940 Zephyr

1948 Zephyr

r-delawter
                      Participant

By golly, with everyone’s help, I am a learning. Thanks for the information on carburetors.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.