Home Forum Ask A Member 1956 Gale Buccaneer paint

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    huntleybill
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Can any one tell me what color green is on the Topic Title motor? Spray can color that is close will work. This motor is brown with the green and white trim. Model 12D13B
      Thank you
      Bill

froggy
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

You will need Buccaneer Bronze, Buccaneer green and Buccaneer white from what i can tell. this site apparently has it , but it is $20 per can. You can probsbly match pretty close with Johnson Sea Horse green, and other Johnson colors which you might get a little cheaper (more common) The site is http://effena-co-llc5.mybigcommerce.com/paint-gale/

huntleybill
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Sorry Foggy, they DO NOT have the green. You mentioned “Sea Horse” green. If you are referring the the early 50’s green, I have some of that but from pictures I have seen, the green on the Buccaneer seemed a lighter shade. Am I wrong?

froggy
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Sorry about that huntleybill, I had looked at color swaths online and thought the Johnson Sea Horse green looked like it was (or almost) the same color. One of the other guys may have another place to get it, but my search of the internet wasn’t successful in finding anything. What I have done in the past is to take a sample of the color i want to my local auto supply. They can make an automotive quality paint to match any color you need. My little Buccaneer is original and hasn’t been out of the shed much during its life so colors should be fairly accurate, but I think the paint colors may have changed in either 57 or 58 so may not be the same color. But you are right, now that i look closer the johnson paint is different (a lot). I have placed the Johnson paint chart and my Buccaneer below to show difference.

huntleybill
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

No problem Foggy. I have a guy that can mix the paint for me but this motor’s green was so faded that he can’t get an accurate color. Seems I am the only one that has ever tried to repaint a Buccaneer ‘cuz no-one seems t know what color it is. (being facetious)

huntleybill
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

So… back to my original question. Does ANYONE know what color the green is on this Buccaneer?

kirkp
                Participant

Saw this in a older post. Frank may be of assistance.
                  https://aomci.org/forums/topic/1956-gale-buccaneer-25-questions/

kirkp
                  Participant

Out of curiosity I did a google search and found this. Apparently at one time Effanco offered a Buccaneer green. Maybe contact them and ask about it.
                    Kirk

gale-paint

huntleybill
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Already did Kirk. They don’t have the green.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.