Home Forum Ask A Member Oiler Wick

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    drifter
    Participant

Anyone know a source for P/N 0510189 oiler wick? Anyone make their own? Source of material?
      Thanks

drifter
      Participant

Should have added this is for the OMC universal magneto of 50’S & 60’s

bobw
        Participant

US Member

With all credit due to Mumbles, here’s a link to the thread on a wick substitute he posted some time ago.

https://aomci.org/forums/topic/felt-wick-substitute/

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

drifter
          Participant

Just what was looking for. Got a package of those in the shop and it never dawned on me to simply cut them to shape and remove the adhesive backing. Thanks for the help.

Mumbles
            Participant

I’ve been using quite a few of them this year but I haven’t pulled any flywheels to check on them. One thing I noticed is after cutting the adhesive off, they are a bit thinner than the originals. I might try one with the adhesive left on and facing away from the cam as it might help to hold them together and fit tighter in their clip.

bobw
              Participant

US Member

I thought this was a great solution, so when I first saw the post, I made sure to bookmark it so I could find it again. Thanks, Mumbles!

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
                1954 Johnson CD-11
                1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
                1958 Johnson QD-19
                1958 Johnson FD-12
                1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
                "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

fisherman6
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I buy the tune-up kits from BRP. With every kit comes two wicks and only one gets used per motor. The spares go in a drawer and when I get a motor with good ignition components and no oiler wick, I use one of the spares I have saved. I leaves me with several on hand at any given time and I don’t have to make them.

-Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.